Move over, french press, pour overs, and fancy coffee machines - the contest for “bougiest at-home coffee” has a new contender, coming in hot (or iced) from South Korea.
Some call it “whipped coffee.” Perhaps you’ve heard of it, considering it was all over the internet and gracing the pages of every coffee influencer on social media. Despite its aesthetic appeal, Dalgona is shockingly simple and affordable to make at home. It’s also incredibly versatile, and once the basic technique is mastered (which should take about 2 minutes), this delectable whipped coffee can be easily adapted to elevate any basic coffee drink (hot, iced, or alcoholic).
Here’s our favorite basic iced Dalgona recipe!
-2 Tbsp. ¡Feliz! Instant coffee
-2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
-2 Tbsp. Boiling water
-1 c. Milk of choice
- Combine the instant coffee, sugar, and water in a bowl or cup. Using a ¡Feliz! milk frother, whisk for about 60 seconds or until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Grab a fancy glass or mug (12-16 oz.) and toss in a few ice cubes. Pour in your milk of choice.
- Spoon that whipped goodness on top of the milk. Add a fun straw. Enjoy!
- The quality of the instant coffee used matters. We love ¡Feliz! because it’s ethically sourced and freeze-dried, which means that the flavor and amino acids are retained.
- You can adjust the level of strength and sweetness by adding more or less coffee and sugar. More coffee = stronger flavor, more sugar = sweeter.
- If you want to make this already elevated drink EXTRA fancy, you can garnish the whip by sprinkling cocoa powder, espresso powder, or chocolate sprinkles.
- Don’t forget to stir the foam into the milk when you’re done staring at your beautiful creation and ready to drink!
- If you want to make a batch to use for multiple drinks or to serve later, you can store the whipped foam in a tight box in the fridge for a couple of days.
Tag us in your Dalgona pictures on social media so we can see your coffee creations! Instagram: @drinkfelizcoffee Tik Tok: @drinkfeliz